Tackling AMR through stronger public-private partnerships – World Health Summit 2019
On the margins of the World Health Summit 2019, AMR Industry Alliance together with UNICEF, Wellcome Trust and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation is holding an event titled: “Collaborating Across Sectors for more effective action: Tackling AMR through stronger public-private partnerships”.
- Date and time: 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm, Monday 28 October, 2019
- Venue: Galerie für frische Kunst, Karl-Marx-Allee 123, 10243 Berlin, Germany
The event takes up the topic of collaborating for more effective action to accelerate progress in the implementation of the Global Action Plan on AMR by discussing what makes for a successful partnership between the private and the public sector, particularly across access and stewardship. The event will draw on success stories showcasing effective partnerships undertaken by the life sciences industry, public health agencies and selected governments. At the same time, examples of unsuccessful collaboration will be highlighted to better understand the difficulties partners face. The overall purpose will be to highlight what makes cross-sectoral collaboration successful and share lessons learnt.
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm – Walk-in tea and coffee
- 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm – Welcome and panel discussion
- 5:45 pm – 6:30 pm – Interventions from the floor and concluding remarks
- Dr Ilona Kickbusch, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (TBC)
- Giancarlo Francese, AMR Industry Alliance
- Tara Prasad, UNICEF
- Jeremy Knox, Wellcome Trust
- Erika Placella, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- Dr Vinita Chaudhary, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
As venue capacity is limited, please RSVP at M.Babinska@AMRIndustryAlliance.org by 22 October 2019.