World Health Summit 2020
The spread of COVID-19 shows how essential the improvement of global health is. The World Health Summit 2020, a leading global health conference and network of academia, the private sector, civil society and politics, will take place as a fully digital, interactive conference with cost-free availability of all sessions of the program. Registration is not required.
AMR Industry Alliance Advisor Steve brooks will be speaking during a panel discussion host by WHO on the global health threat of Antibiotic Resistance and will highlight the need to take action to reduce potential environmental risks from antibiotic production, including emissions that may contribute to the development of AMR.
- 11 am – 12:30 pm – Antimicrobial resistance: how to solve the issue of shortage of existing antibiotics and preserve the environment from disharges
- Dr Peter Beyer, WHO Senior Advisor
- Steve Brooks, AMR Industry Alliance Advisor
- Dame Sally Davies, UK Government Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Thomas Garms, Asklepios Kliniken GmbH
- Dr. Joakim Larsson, Interdisciplinary Centre for Antibiotic Resistance Research Dirctor
- Céline Pulcini, Antimicrobial Resistance National Action Plan Coordinator