Definition of personal data
For purposes of this policy, personal data is any data or combination of data in any form or medium, relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, for example, contact information, unique identifiers, such as IP addresses and equipment identifiers.
Information collected from you
The AMR Industry Alliance collects your information in the following contexts, with your consent or to meet its legitimate interests:
- If you register for our Newsletter, we will collect the following information –name and email address. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose of sending you the Newsletter. You may withdraw your consent at any time at email@example.com
- Event Registration. AMR Industry Alliance organizes public events to support public discussion of issues relevant to the pharmaceutical industry. When registering for an AMR Industry Alliance event, you will be asked for your name, email address and professional affiliation. On occasion, when an event is being organized with a partner, additional information may be requested, for example for security purposes. This information will be deleted after the event unless you have indicated that you wish to remain on our contact database.
- Contact database. If you have collaborated with AMR Industry Alliance or have attended an AMR Industry Alliance event, we will ask you whether we may retain your information to contact you about future activities and events. You will be offered a choice and may withdraw your consent at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our website provides contact information for AMR Industry Alliance. Personal information we receive through this channel is used to respond to your request. We may ask if you want to be added to our contact database.
This information will be used for the purposes specified and will not be sold or shared with third parties other than in relation to these purposes.
Information collected when you visit our website
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We may share your Personal Information for the purposes mentioned above with:
- service providers in connection with the operation of this website, including website hosting, the provision of technology related services and promotional material distribution; or
- public authorities, government regulators or other law enforcement officials and the courts, as required or permitted by law or when compelled by a binding order.
When sharing your Personal Information with entities located in countries outside the EEA that do not provide for an equivalent level of data protection, we will put in place contractual guarantees in accordance with applicable data protection law. You can use the contact information below to request more information.
We maintain appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no information security system can be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information against unpredictable loss or unauthorized access.
Subject to restrictions under applicable law, you have the right to request from us access, rectification, erasure, restriction and deletion, and portability of your Personal Information. Such requests can be addressed to the contact information below.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the Personal Information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. You are responsible for making sure that your information is up-to-date and accurate when you provide it to us and where our services offer you the tools to maintain your information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth in applicable law.
Links to Other Internet Websites
If you think that your complaint has not been adequately addressed, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for privacy in your country.